INITIATING STATION INVITATION (T-REX 2022)
We are now taking volunteers for ‘Initiating Stations’
Deadline for responses: End of the day, Wednesday, July 5th, 2022
Dates for T-REX 2022: Fri-Sun September 9th, 10, and 11th
Initiating Station: Initiates ‘preloaded’ radio traffic at specific times and dates during the exercise to enhance the
scenario, exercise flow, and timeline.
Preloaded traffic is issued to the volunteer Initiating Stations approximately two weeks prior to the start
of the exercise.
Preloaded traffic (called ‘Injects’) may be transmitted in the form of a SITREP (Situation Report), welfare
traffic or request for assistance using an AmRRON Blank form, etc, depending on numerous variables identified
by the exercise planning team.
Initiating stations may be issued one or more injects depending on the scenario and the stations geographical
location or HF capabilities.
Each ‘Inject’ will be issued (approximately two weeks in advance) with instructions and guidance, and help will
be available to ensure you are as prepared as can be prior to the ‘grid down’ exercise.
Requirements — An Initiating Station must have:
- Digital Mode Capabilities. Minimum FLDIGI, FLMSG, FLAMP, and AmRRON Custom html forms. (Vara, gARIM,
and/or vARIM a plus, but not required)
- HF Capability (or ability to successfully reach an HF-capable station via UHG/VHF digital modes, who
can relay to the net for you).
- AmRRON Custom Forms capable
- Daily access to secure (encrypted) email (to allow AmRRON to communicate exercise information and
- Must be available on the day(s) your traffic is scheduled to be injected.
Email email@example.com and type ‘T22 Volunteer’ in the subject line.