Get ready! The AMRMRX 22 is a fun exercise involving fixed-site ‘Command’ stations and field mobile ‘Reporting’ stations, requiring the mobile stations to set up a field station, listen and then transmit, then pack up and move to another location and repeat the process!
Exercise begins: Saturday, May 14th @ 0945 Local Time
- 4 Segments – Three 2 hour segments and a 1 hour 4 th segment.
Scenario: X10 Solar Flare on 20220508-1200Z with full on CME impact
28 hours later (20220509-1600Z). Expected loss of Grid power,
communications including cellular telephone and internet.
All guidance and instruction documents are downloadable below for you to print and review.
AmRRON CORPS MEMBERS be sure to participate in this Wednesday evening’s ‘BREAKOUT CHANNEL’ AmRRON Z-Net Voice Net for discussing the exercise and the roles and participate in the Q&A session.
There are two documents to download and print:
- AmRRON AMRMRX v1.4.pdf (Overall Exercise Description and General Guidance)
- Instructions to reporting stations AMRMRX v1.4 (These are specific instructions for deployment as a reporting station.)
Reporting Station Requirements:
- AmRRON member
- Portable or Mobile HF radio capability (low power acceptable).
- Multi band antenna capable of reception / transmission on 40 & 80M.
- Digital HF capability utilizing FLdigi suite and JS8call simultaneously.
Transportation (A conveyance capable of moving the operator and all
equipment a distance of 3 miles in under 30 minutes).
- Off grid power (preferably PV panel and battery or equivalent).
Generator power is acceptable but use caution in transporting and using
- Operation from your vehicle as a mobile station is acceptable.